Weiwei-Isms by Ai Weiwei
**if not in-store, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery** หากหนังสือหมดจากหน้าร้าน เราจะส่งภายใน 10-14 วัน**
The quotable Ai Weiwei
- Say what you need to say plainly, and then take responsibility for it.
- A small act is worth a million thoughts.
- Liberty is about our rights to question everything.
On Art and Activism
- Everything is art. Everything is politics.
- The art always wins. Anything can happen to me, but the art will stay.
- Life is art. Art is life. I never separate it. I don't feel that much anger. I equally have a lot of joy.
On Government, Power, and Making Moral Choice
- Once you've tasted freedom, it stays in your heart and no one can take it. Then, you can be more powerful than a whole country.
- I feel powerless all the time, but I regain my energy by making a very small difference that won't cost me much.
- Tips on surviving the regime: Respect yourself and speak for others. Do one small thing every day to prove the existence of justice.
On the Digital World
- Only with the Internet can a peasant I have never met hear my voice and I can learn what's on his mind. A fairy tale has come true.
- The Internet is uncontrollable. And if the Internet is uncontrollable, freedom will win. It's as simple as that.
- The Internet is the best thing that could have happened to China.
On History, the Historical Moment, and the Future
- If a nation cannot face its past, it has no future.
- We need to get out of the old language.
- The world is a sphere, there is no East or West.
- I've never planned any part of my career--except being an artist. And I was pushed into that corner because I thought being an artist was the only way to have a little freedom.
- Anyone fighting for freedom does not want to totally lose their freedom.
- Expressing oneself is like a drug. I'm so addicted to it.
1.63 cms H x 14.0 cms L x 11.76 cms W, 152 pages, Hardcover, December 2012.
We Also Recommend