Favorite Movies of the 90s
As the 20th century came to a close...
All the 1990s movies most worth remembering
All the 1990s movies most worth remembering. It was a delicate and complex task that required a fair bit of soul-searching, but we did it: we took a complete list of all movies released in the 1990s around the world and whittled it down to just 144 of our very favorites. These are the movies that emblematize the 90s and most deserved to be remembered, preserved, and passed down to future generations. But Favorite Movies of the 90s is more than just a list. It’s also an opulent factbook that any self-respecting moviegoer shouldn’t be without. Packed full of photos and film stills in two weighty volumes, this set will bring you right back to the 90s with reminders of films you saw and plenty of reasons to see the ones you missed. This was a decade when independent cinema went mainstream and, leveling the playing field, changed the movie business forever, while big-budget special effects kept Hollywood strongly in the game; the diversity of the films included here bears witness to this phenomenon.
- Four to ten pages for each film, including lots of illustrations, cast/crew credits, and a summary of the film describing the genre, history, filming, facts, budget, box office, etc.
- Actor and director biographies and explanations of film concepts and techniques in glossary entries thematically linked to each film
- List of Academy and film festival awards
- Memorable lines and quotes from the media
- Actor, director, subject, and title index
We Also Recommend
Bollywood Dreams : An Exploration of the Motion Picture Industry and its Culture in India